Wohnrade Civil Engineers, Inc. (WCE) has an opening for an experienced and highly motivated Mid-Level Civil Design Engineer with a strong background in Land Development to join our Civil Engineering team at our headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado.
Full Job Description
Salary Range: $75,000-$90,000 (DOQ)
The actual compensation offered to candidates may vary outside of the posted hiring range based upon work experience, education, and/or skill level. Because WCE is a company with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
Work from home 3 days per week (DOQ)
Annual salary raises
End of year bonuses
Medical and dental insurance
- Provide plan production and design support for Senior Engineers.
- Prepare complete sets of construction drawings and reports for a variety of land development and municipal projects.
- Provide design engineering for new projects.
- Ensure the delivery of highest quality civil engineering products and services that focus on client satisfaction.
- Plan production, including: the preparation of grading, drainage, street, sanitary sewer, water and storm sewer improvement plans for residential and commercial developments, and public works projects, while adhering to the appropriate design standards. Experience with the jurisdictional review and approval process.
- Adhere to project Scope of Services and budget, and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports, including: drainage, utility compliance, ACOE Nationwide Permits, and stormwater management (SWMP) reports.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to engineering design for land development projects.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- EIT certification is required.
- 4 plus years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis in land development design.
- Proficiency in site grading, drainage calculations, utility design, cost estimating, and permitting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in Autodesk Civil 3D, Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis, MS Word, Excel. Experience with -- Bentley SiteOps is a plus. Experience with HEC-RAS floodplain modeling is preferred but not required.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and calculations (i.e., hydrology/hydraulics, SWPPP, and Utility Compliance Reports)
- Work from home up to 3 days per week (Contingent upon internet speed)
- Employee is responsible for providing remote setup at home.
- Annual Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA)
- Year-End Bonus
- Medical and dental insurance
- Parental Leave
- RTD Ecopass
WCE is a well-established small firm that has been providing infrastructure design, site development engineering, floodplain modeling, construction management, and high-precision drone mapping to both public and private sector clients throughout Colorado. Our headquarters in Broomfield is conveniently located halfway between Denver and Boulder, providing great access to downtown as well as outdoor recreation opportunities. Since 2002, we have a history of civil engineering excellence serving land developers, architects, owners, and builders on projects throughout the Rocky Mountain region.
WCE is legally required to verify all new hires with E-Verify.